I wasn’t intending to write about this simply because to be honest, it’s a stupid mistake. What swung me into blogger mode was that if I had found this post in my searches a couple of hours ago I’d be relaxing with a cold beer right now rather than nursing the sore head I’ve been banging against the wall this evening.
This is all about MSBuild and more specifically, targeting “Package” so that the app can then be pushed out to a server via Web Deploy (MSDeploy). Vishal Joshi writes about this target very eloquently in Web Packaging: Creating web packages using MSBuild.
Anyway, although I could build the solution just fine with MSBuild, every time I added the /T:Package switch I’d get something like this: