And then there was the biggest data breach to go into HIBP ever! I wrote that sentence from home just after publishing all the data, then I got on a plane...
Holy cow that's a lot of emails! Hundreds upon hundreds of emails came in whilst on the way to Dubai, more than I'll ever be able to respond to. Plus, I'm actually trying to have some downtime with my son on this trip particularly over the next few days so a bunch of stuff is going to have to go unanswered or at best, delayed. Mind you, a heap of them were asking questions already addressed in the blog post, but that's just the nature of the internet.
What I will say is that if you're interested in more details on this incident, do read the comments. It'll give you a sense of the way this sort of thing impacts everyday people, and it'll also give you a sense of the sort of comments I have to deal with after these incidents...
- I'm going to be in Oslo next week (Hack Yourself First workshop and NDC Security conference)
- Then in London the week after that (Hack Yourself First workshop and NDC conference)
- And I'll be in Denver for SnowFROC in March (cyber-something keynote ?)
- That 733M record breach (oh boy, this thing was a mammoth processing job!)
- Varonis is sponsoring my blog this week (they're talking about their DFIR team investigating cyberattacks)