This 🤬🤬🤬 DAC! I mean it's a lovely device, but it's just impossible to use it as an audio source in the browser without it killing the camera. I'm very close to being out of ideas right now, only remaining thing I can think of is to set everything up on the laptop and see if it suffers a similar fate to what's happening on my desktop. The last thing I feel like doing now is burning more precious hours, but it's getting to that point. In other news, more breaches and a big argument about SMS based 2FA, enjoy 😊
- My Apollo Twin DAC audio problems remain, as of this moment, unresolved (this is such a nice bit of kit, but I have absolutely no idea how to fix this problem with the cam)
- The alleged Astoria Company breach is a messy one (attribution is hard, there are some very differing views on it's origin but there's legit data in there so it's now in HIBP as an "unverified" breach)
- The Carding Mafia breach is much more straight forward (it happened, it's loaded into HIBP and I'm not linking to the site!)
- SMS for 2FA is not universally bad and anyone saying that is missing some pretty important pieces of the auth puzzle (SMS for 1FA is really bad, but that's a different discussion)
- Sponsored by: SecurityFWD. A brand new YouTube show from Varonis. Watch Episode 1: How Far can Wi-Fi Travel?