"What a shit week". I stand by that statement in the opening couple of minutes of the video and I write this now at midday on Saturday after literally falling asleep on the couch. The Facebook incident just dominated; everything from processing data to writing code to dozens of media interviews. And I ran a workshop over 4 half days. And had 2 lots of guests visiting. And had to deal with all sorts of other unpleasant stuff outside of that. Damn that beer tasted good...
- The petition in front of UK parliament to require verified IDs on social media platforms has fallen flat (not unsurprising, and the response is actually quite nicely written IMHO)
- I've probably taken a little too much pleasure in some of the responses to my Coinhive tactics 🤣 (but it is kinda funny...)
- That Facebook incident - call it a "breach", call it a "scrape" but whatever it is, it's big (and it totally destroyed my scheduled this week)
- I'm really excited about this book with Rob Conery (I hope we can get a bunch of people into the livestream about it on Tuesday morning my time)
- The Ukrainian gov has now been onboarded onto HIBP (that's the 13th, and there's a couple more in the pipeline too)
- Sponsored by: Credential stuffing is currently the biggest threat to organisations, find out how you can protect your network right now with safepass.me