Geez I'm glad the Facebook stuff was the week before this one! With that (mostly) out of the way, we headed off to Thredbo for a couple of days of mountain biking, hitting trails I've only ever snowboarded down before (yes, we get snow in Australia). Back to normality (I think we can start calling it that now), Rob and I did our book editing session, the Facebook scraping incident (let's stop calling it a "data breach") continued to consume time and in a case of very fortuitous timing, they're copping a class action right after I wrote about my displeasure regarding data breach ambulance chasing. Good timing indeed, here why this is really bugging me in this week's video.
- Not industry related at all, but if you'd like to see what I've been up to this week on the mountain biking front, here's a "top to bottom" video with Ari (I think I'm still recovering from 2 days of this...)
- Rob Conery and I live-streamed a book editing session earlier this week (the video is now available for anyone that'd like to review it, we'd love your comments)
- Digital Rights Ireland is suing Facebook for their "data breach" (I'm uncomfortable with this for many reasons, not least of which is the term "data breach")
- Speaking of suing companies, this week's blog post on data breaches, class actions and ambulance chasing feels especially timely (everything I said in there aligns really well to the aforementioned Ireland situation)
- Sponsored by: SecurityFWD. A brand new YouTube show from Varonis. Watch Episode 1: How Far can Wi-Fi Travel?