Lots of stuff going on this week, beginning with me losing my mind try to get local control of IoT devices. I'm writing up a much more extensive blog post on this, suffice to say it's a complete mess and all of the suggestions I've had have been well-intentioned, but infeasible for various reasons. But as I say in the video, it has all been worth it and I do get a lot of enjoyment from playing with it all 😊 That and many other cyber things in this week's update.
- Trying to get local control of Tuya lights is an exercise in absolute futility (read the thread to feel my pain 😭)
- A scammer tried to use the W3C validator to convince me that overseas hackers were in my network (the stupid - it hurts!)
- The Verge has done a great visualisation of all the data I've loaded into HIBP (it makes me seriously tired just scrolling through all this...)
- The RockYou2021 "password list" isn't - it's a list of words instead (this story is a total beat-up and need to die a fiery death)
- The Uruguayan gov is now onboard HIBP (that's the 20th national gov with another scheduled for Monday and a solid pipeline after that)
- I'm very happy to be giving my friend Stefán Jökull Sigurðarson some more responsibility for Pwned Passwords (Stefán is a great guy who's done a lot of great stuff with the project for many years now)
- Sponsored by: Varonis. Reduce your SaaS blast radius with data-centric security for AWS, G Drive, Box, Salesforce, Slack and more.