This week is a bit of everything again, although the main difference this time was an update on the COVID situation we're facing in Australia. We've been largely virus-free (relative speaking) but as a result, vaccine rollout has been really slow (as in about 5% of the country being covered) and following some outbreaks of the Delta strain this past couple of weeks, everyone is feeling a bit nervous. We'll get there, but it's a bit of on add time for us and it's certainly dominated headlines recently. Other than that, it's more breaches (and non-breaches), more IoT and more general cyber stuff.
- In response to popular demand, I'm going to do a weekly update vid with Charlotte about the transition from Mac to PC (it'll probably be in update 252)
- Stop the hyperbole: a scrape of public data is not a breach (the LinkedIn breach that isn't)
- I've picked up a heap more Shelly Dimmers to go into the house (but I really need to get on top of my network problems before then)
- There was a lot of love for Sonos in-ceiling speakers by people who had them (and some disdain... by people who didn't!)
- The Slovak Republic gov has been onboarded to HIBP (that's 23 govs and counting with the next one scheduled for Monday)
- Sponsored by: Axonius gives IT and security teams the confidence they need to focus on the bigger picture. Learn more and try it free.