Geez we've been getting hammered down here: Optus, MyDeal, Vinomofo, Medibank and now Australian Clinical Labs. It's crazy how much press interest there's been down here and whilst I think some of it is a bit hyperbolic, bringing the issue to the forefront and ensuring it's being discussed is certainly a good thing. Anyway, let's see what happens between now and next week's video, at this rate there'll be at least one more major Aussie breach to talk about!
- Big Ass Fan IoT integration has been a big pain in the ass (it really shouldn't be this hard)
- Australian Clinical Labs is the latest Aussie company to make the data breach headlines (includes pathology test results 😲)
- The E-Pal breach went into HIBP (100k email addresses, more than half in HIBP already)
- The Doomworld breach also went into HIBP (they "got pwned by a script kiddie", according to their disclosure)
- I've been putting a heap of work into the Stripe integration for the HIBP API key (deleting code is so satisfying!)
- Sponsored by: Varonis. Reduce your SaaS blast radius with data-centric security for AWS, G Drive, Box, Salesforce, Slack and more.