I did it again - I tweeted about Twitter doing something I thought was useful and the hordes did descend on Twitter to tweet about how terrible Twitter is. Right, gotcha, so 1.3M views of that tweet later... As I say in this week's video, there's a whole bunch of crazy arguments in there but the thing that continues to get me the most in every one of these discussions is the argument that Elon is a poo poo head. No, seriously, I explain it at the end of the video how so constantly the counterarguments have no rational base and they constantly boil down to a dislike of the guy. Ironically, continuing to use Twitter to have a rant about stuff just shows that Twitter is just the same as it always was 🤣
- Sponsored by: Got Linux? (And Mac and Windows and iOS and Android?) Then Kolide has the device trust solution for you. Click here to watch the demo.
- I put out a little tweet about Twitter charging new accounts in a couple of test markets $1... (...and people lost. their. minds.)
- The virtual cards service Simon mentioned is privacy.com (I gave it a go and got about 10 seconds into it before getting "You must be a US resident, and agree to the terms and authorizations", after which I was asked for name, DoB and address... and this helps anonymity?!)
- If you were IM'ing like it's 1999, you may be one of 75k people in the Phoenix breach (it's "vintage messaging reborn")
- The AndroidLista breach with 6.6M records went into HIBP (that one had been around for a while but with no disclosure and no response when I reached out, it just took a while)