It’s a hot summer day in Perth over on the western seaboard of Australia and the local pub is packed with patrons downing cold beers. You’re in your shiny new Ferrari – red, of course – and come cruising past the pub in full view of the enthralled audience. As any red-blooded, testosterone fuelled Aussie bloke would do, you give the Italian thoroughbred a full redline launch to the delight of the crowd. Right up until you run into the street sign:Why did this happen? Well there’s the fact the guy was allegedly drunk which is never a good idea in any car, let alone a supercar with a few hundred kilowatts. But...
I usually run private workshops around these, here's the upcoming public events I'll be at:
- AusCERT: 23-27 May, Gold Coast (Australia)
- NDC Oslo: 6-10 Jun, Oslo (Norway)
- "Hack Yourself First" – The Workshop: 13-14 Jun, London (United Kingdom)
- "Hack Yourself First" – The Workshop: 15-16 Jun, Birmingham (United Kingdom)
- West Midlands Evening Talk (details TBA): 16 Jun, Birmingham (United Kingdom)
- User Group Talk (details TBA): 21 Jun, Netherlands
- NDC Sydney: 1-5 Aug, Sydney (Australia)
- iPadlooza: 28-29 Sep, Gold Coast (Australia)
- Microsoft MVP Summit: 7-10 Nov, Seattle (United States)
- Here's how I verify data breaches
- When a nation is hacked: Understanding the ginormous Philippines data breach
- The world needs more stupid security researchers – join me!
- It’s time that you – the vulnerable human – brush up on your social engineering skills with Pluralsight
- How I optimised my life to make my job redundant