Ah, automation. Any time I find myself doing the same thing more than once, I get the inclination to bundle it all up into something that can begin happening with a single click. Or even better, with no clicks. I’ve been writing a lot on continuous integration lately, primarily using TeamCity to execute tasks on the change of source code, on a nightly basis and on demand. I’ve automated deployment of websites with web deploy, deployment of databases with RedGate, code quality with NDepend, code statistics with StatSVN and application security with Netsparker. Recently I’ve begun using WCSA or in non-acronym terms, the Web.Config Security Analyser. This little beauty let’s you...
I usually run private workshops around these, here's the upcoming public events I'll be at:
- iPadlooza: 28-29 Sep, Gold Coast (Australia)
- ScotlandIS: 6 Oct, Edinburgh (United Kingdom)
- Workshop: Hack Yourself First: How to go on the Cyber-Offence: 11-12 Oct, Copenhagen (Denmark)
- Workshop: Hack Yourself First: How to go on the Cyber-Offence: 13-14 Oct, London (United Kingdom)
- Swiss Cyber Storm: 19 Oct, Lucern (Switzerland)
- WIRED SECURITY: 20 Oct, London (United Kingdom)
- DrupalSouth: 27-28 Oct, Gold Coast (Australia)
- DDD: 3 Dec, Brisbane (Australia)
- Here's how I verify data breaches
- When a nation is hacked: Understanding the ginormous Philippines data breach
- The world needs more stupid security researchers – join me!
- It’s time that you – the vulnerable human – brush up on your social engineering skills with Pluralsight
- How I optimised my life to make my job redundant