This was a pretty jam-packed week which kicked off with the crazy, crazy Indian pathology data leak. You'll sense my frustration with the whole thing and frankly, I still can't quite get over it. Be that as it may, stuff like this provides us with endless material that speaks to how badly wrong it can all go with any data that gets digitised. There's that and a bunch of HIBP bits in relation to the AMA I did earlier this week and the 1.4 billion records I made available for analysis. All that and more this week!
- Pathology data spilled all over the place in India (down syndrome tests, HIV tests and more - all public)
- Reused credentials used on your site - are you responsible? (this is an interesting discussion in terms of how you can defend against this sort of thing)
- HIBP turned 3 so I answered a bunch of questions (the recording of the live stream is now on the blog from last week)
- Oh - I also gave away 1.4 billion records (they're de-identified and don't include sensitive breaches)
- I broke my CSP (again) so many people couldn't donate to me (I want content security policies to be good, I really do, but they're still super risky)