An early one today as I made space in the schedule to get out on the water 😎 I'm really liking the new Apple AirTags, I'm disliking some of the international media coverage about Australia's COVID situation, another gov onto HIBP and a blog post I've wanted to write for a long time on biometrics. That last one in particularly I felt was really important as time and time again, I hear these irrational statements from people about the perceived "risks" of biometrics and in particular, the belief that you can somehow how representations of your body parts "stolen" in such a way that they can circumvent modern day auth controls. Nope and nope!
- The AirTag "anti-stalking" feature is pretty cool (precisely how it works is a bit of a mystery, but that's what it looks like)
- Australia has copped some negative press internationally regarding the present COVID uptick (the reality on the ground is very different to some of the press I've seen)
- The Czech Republic is now the 27th gov on HIBP (there are more in the wings, there's always more!)
- I finally got around to tackling some of the misconceptions around biometrics (in modern devices, they're almost always a better option than PINs)
- Sponsored by: 1Password is a secure password manager and digital wallet that keeps you safe online