By all accounts, this was one of the best weekly updates ever courtesy of a spam caller giving me a buzz at the 38:40 mark and struggling with "pwn" versus "porn". It resulted in an entertaining little on-air call and subsequently caused me to go out and register both haveibeeninpwn.com and haveibeeninporn.com. I figure these will result in much ongoing hilarity the next time I get a call of this nature about one of those domains 🤣 Oh - and there's a whole bunch of data breach stuff this week, enjoy!
- The Mudge v. Twitter scandal has some pretty serious accusations in it (there's a 6 min CNN vid in that tweet that's worth a look)
- Plex has gone for another round of data breach this week (actually pretty impressed that they now have 30M subscribers!)
- LastPass has also gone for another round (I know the optics aren't good, but the real world impact of this is almost certainly insignificant)
- I got a very convincing SMS phish this week (think about the human vulnerabilities this exploits, no wonder phishing remains so lucrative)
- Sponsored by: Kolide is a fleet visibility solution for Mac, Windows, and Linux that can help you securely scale your business. Learn more here.