Did I really need to get a connected BBQ? No more than I needed to connect most of the other things in the house which is to say "a bit useful but not entirely necessary". But it's a fascinating process when looked at through the lens of how accessible the technology is to your average person given it's embedded in a consumer-orientated product. In short - it's painful - but listen to this week's update to hear precisely why. Plus, there's a heap of new data breach and some really, really good news about the NTLM hashes now being available in Pwned Passwords. Enjoy 😊
- BBQ'ing shouldn't be this hard (not the cooking, I mean getting the damn thing connected to the network!)
- Instant Checkmate was breached (12M email addresses right there)
- TruthFinder was also breached (same parent company, another 8M addresses there)
- The LimeVPN breach also went into HIBP (you really want to be able to trust your VPN provider)
- Weee was breached too (another case where it was too hard to get in touch with them)
- Full parity for NTLM hashes in Pwned Passwords is now live! (once again, bit shout out to Stefán Jökull Sigurðarson for his work on this)
- Sponsored by: Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It's Device Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today.