Hey, it's double-Troy! I'm playing with the Insta360 Link cam, a gimbal-based model that can follow you around the room. It's tiny and pretty awesome for what it is, I'm doing some back-to-back with that and my usual Sony a6400 this week. A little note on that: during the live stream someone suggested there was some lag from that camera (very minor, they suggested), but others couldn't see it. I've just been watching a bit of the video while writing up this post and I reckon they're right. Try the 3:02 mark, for example, where on Insta360 Link I have my finger up but on the Sony a6400, I don't:
It's very minor, but it's just enough to notice. Anyway, see what you think, all that a much more in weekly update 336:
- I spoke at the Association of Superannuation Funds Australia this week (very happy to see cybersecurity on the agenda at a finance conference)
- These Insta360 cameras are kinda blowing my mind 🤯 (super weird to think of 360 video that allows you to later go back and "point the camera" wherever you wanted it to be)
- 🐰 🐰 🐰 🐰 🐰 🐰 (maybe I just like putting rabbit emojis in a blog post title, or maybe the firewall stuff with Cloudflare, Stripe and OWASP was an interesting little adventure)
- Twitter is killing SMS-based 2FA if you're not paying them any money (their messaging was poor, but the outcome is probably the right one)
- What happens if your DNA get pwned? (probably nothing... yet)
- Sponsored by: Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It's Device Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today.