It's a bit of a mixed bag this week with a very light-hearted look at the death of the browser padlock icon (which has been replaced by an icon that looks like a sex act), and a much more serious discussion about divorce. It took a long time to write and be ready to publish that blog post, many years in fact, but I'm so glad I did. You don't have to scroll far through the responses to the launch tweet or the comments on the blog itself to get a sense of how it's impacted people, and as I said in the very opening of the post, this sort of openness tends to be really well received. Wherever you are in your own stage of life, I hope you enjoying reading that post and share it generously with those for whom it might just make a real difference.
- Catch me at the cybersecurity unlocked meetup in Perth next week (super casual, no idea what I'm going to be talking about yet 🤔)
- You can also catch me keynoting at the Cyber West Summit (loads of good stuff about what I've learned processing billions of breached records for HIBP)
- The padlock icon is dead! (long live the, uh... "you know exactly what it looks like" icon 🙄)
- The feedback to my blog post on divorce has been pretty amazing (it's obviously a delicate topic and it took me a long time to be ready to talk about it, but doing so seems to have made a difference to a lot of people)
- Sponsored by: Kolide ensures only secure devices can access your cloud apps. It's Zero Trust tailor-made for Okta. Book a demo today.