Let's get this out of the way early - I did not shoot this video on a green screen! When I first watched it, I couldn't believe how amazing the picture quality was and the first thought I had when I saw it was the green screen one. The new iPhone 7 Plus is a major part of that, but I got out early when it was quiet and got the light just right too. I posted a still to Twitter earlier today and someone asked what lighting I use. Uh, "the sun", that is all.
Anyway, a bunch of things worth discussing did happen this week, here's the video:
- Tesco Bank got very hacked (almost certainly not phishing, but 20k people still had their accounts drained)
- Tesco has got previous form! ("Passwords are stored in a secure way. They're only copied into plain text when pasted automatically into a password reminder mail." Ah, the memories...)
- Skype sending Baidu spam (no, Skype wasn't hacked, people just choose crap passwords... then reuse them)
- Lessons from outsourcing to offshore developers (I'm honestly surprised at how well this has been received, especially given I make a lot of comments about cultural traits)
- Capgemini leaked a heap of Michael Page data (no, it's not a "hack" when you publish tens of gigabytes of your customer's database backups to a publicly facing website)